THC Concentrates 101: All The Basics You Need To Know In 2023
In recent years, there has been a dramatic increase in the popularity of THC concentrates. As cannabis becomes more mainstream, more and more people are looking to try concentrates for the first time. If you're one of those people, or if you're just curious about what all the fuss is about, this article is for you! In it, we will discuss all the basics you need to know about THC concentrates. We'll talk about what they are and how to use them safely. So, whether you're a first-time concentrate user or an experienced smoker looking to learn more, read on!
5 Basics You Need To Know About THC Concentrates
1. THC concentrates have a potency that is orders of magnitude higher than that of traditional cannabis flower. This indicates that they pack a more potent punch and are capable of delivering a higher-intensity high to the user.
2. Concentrates of THC are created by first removing the THC from cannabis plant matter with the help of a solvent such as butane or carbon monoxide. Wax, shatter, budder, and oil are all common names for the sticky, resinous substance that is the final product of the extraction process.
3. Concentrates of THC can be used in a wide variety of applications and can be taken in a number of different ways. Ingesting them orally with food or drink is another common method, as is smoking them in a joint or blunt, vaping them with a vape pen, or smoking them in a joint or blunt and then blunting them.
4. Concentrates of THC are gaining in popularity because of the effectiveness and accessibility of this form of the drug. People who want a potent high but don't want to have to smoke a lot of cannabis flower can benefit greatly from consuming one of these edibles.
5. It is essential to keep in mind that concentrated forms of THC are not suitable for everyone. Because of their potentially high potency, they are not recommended for first-time users or people with a low tolerance for THC.
5 Different Types Of THC Concentrates
1. Shatter - is one of the most potent and popular concentrates on the market. It is a hard, glass-like concentrate that usually ranges in color from golden yellow to light brown.Shatter is made by extracting THC and other cannabinoids from cannabis using a solvent like butane or propane. The extract is then heated until it becomes a thick liquid. Once it cools, it forms into a brittle solid that can be broken into pieces.
2. Wax - is another popular type of concentrate. It is made by extracting THC and other cannabinoids from cannabis using a solvent like butane or propane. The extract is then heated until it becomes a thick liquid. Once it cools, it forms into a wax-like substance that can be smoked or vaporized.
3. Oil - is a cannabis concentrate that is made by extracting THC and other cannabinoids from cannabis using a solvent like olive oil, coconut oil, or ethanol. The extract is then heated until it becomes a thick liquid. Once it cools, it forms into an oil-like substance that can be smoked or vaporized.
4. Budder - is a cannabis concentrate that is made by extracting THC and other cannabinoids from cannabis using a solvent like butane or propane. The extract is then heated until it becomes a thick liquid. Once it cools, it forms into a butter-like substance that can be smoked or vaporized.
5. Kief - is the simplest form of cannabis concentrate and is made by extracting THC and other cannabinoids from cannabis using nothing more than air and time. Kief is made by grinding dry cannabis buds into a fine powder. The powder can then be smoked or vaporized.
How To Use THC Concentrates Safely
1. Start by doing your research on the concentrates you are using and what the recommended dosage is.
2. Grind your concentrate into a fine powder before use.
3. Use a vaporizer or vape pen to consume the concentrate.
4. Start with a small amount and wait at least an hour before consuming more.
5. Be careful when handling THC concentrates as they are highly potent.
So there you have it: your complete guide to THC concentrates in 2023. We hope this has been helpful and that you now feel confident enough to try out some of these products for yourself. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, be sure to reach out to us and we’ll be happy to help.
Are You Looking For Cannabis Products You Can Trust?
Dixon Wellness is on a mission to bring safe, affordable and compassionate access to cannabis to the people of Northern California and beyond. Our products have been lab-tested by independent, state-licensed laboratories to be free of any harmful contaminants while ensuring that we keep costs down for our loyal customers. We constantly work with credible brands, legacy farmers, and environmentally conscious producers to help sustain our community! Dixon’s first and only women-led cannabis resource, we are founded on the pillars of community, compassion, and education. Interested in our products? Check out our online menu or plan your visit today!